PEDIATRIC PHYSICAL THERAPIST JOB DESCRIPTION – Provides Pediatric Physical Therapy services for pediatric patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Carries out treatment for Physical Therapy patients in alignment with established goals.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: The following duties are not intended to serves as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification.
Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be require to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Provides pediatric physical therapy treatment to the patients in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provides on-going therapy on an outpatient basis in their natural environment (home).
• Communicates (to the parents as well as in reports, daily notes and in evaluations) observations regarding the patient’s progress, lack of progress, goals, etc.
• Documents daily/weekly therapy for each client in the “Daily Notes”.
• Responsible for maintaining good working relationships with coworkers and facilitating teamwork wherever services are being provided.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to cross cultural issues.
• Adheres to the regulatory and practice standards of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required as a natural course of employment in the Company.
• Facilitates movement toward a healthcare partnership between providers, the patients and their families.
• Educates patient/family regarding therapeutic exercises, activities and equipment.
• Documents patient encounters in appropriate format according to DGTG policies.
• Provides statistics as requested.
• Will be conversant in various DGTG billing mechanisms to avoid undue costs. PEDIATRIC PHYSICAL THERAPIST JOB DESCRIPTION
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Knowledge of neurological and musculoskeletal diseases.
• Knowledge of rehabilitative treatment techniques as utilized by the generalist in treating multiple age groups.
• Knowledge of orthopedic manual therapy techniques.
• Knowledge of the regulations and practice standards of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
• Knowledge of direct patient care of Physical Therapy to pediatric patients.
• Knowledge of equipment and instruments used in daily activities.
• Skill in treating Pediatric Physical Therapy patients.
• Skill in using applicable equipment and instruments.
• Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Skill in critical thinking in the performance of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
• Skill and proficiency in car seat fitting for children.
• Skills in maintaining good working relationships with community resources, referral sources, agencies and colleagues (OT and SLP).
• A Cleared/Clean California Physical Therapy California License
• A Cleared / Clean DOJ / FBI background check
• Approximately one (1) year of experience working exclusively with a pediatric population.
• Participation in continuing education in pediatric therapy subjects as required by the Physical Therapy governing authority.
• May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.
• May be called to work off-shift in emergency situations.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standing, repetitive movements, lifting weights of various amounts (not to exceed 25 lbs.), sitting on floor, bending/squatting, walking, driving, etc. DGTG is not a latex free environment. Therefore, some latex exposure can be expected.
AGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS PERTAINING TO PHYSICAL THERAPY CARE:
Provides care to the following age groups: Infant (30 days to 1 yr.), child (1-12 years), adolescent (13- 21 years).
Please note: This job description is not an offer of employment, and does not in any manner constitute an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.- PEDIATRIC PHYSICAL THERAPIST JOB DESCRIPTION